
It's not much. Rather, it's a pretty boring picture. However, this picture, which shows the main page for the Ariba Sourcing application, depicts our success at AIG. Ironically, I've spent the past month or so trying to get this page to display. Granted, the Sourcing application is only 1 out of the 4 applications of the entire Ariba Spend Management package but we ran into a lot of obstacles trying to get all 4 applications hooked up and running and Sourcing happened to be the last one.
The good news is that most of the problems weren't our fault. As a matter of fact, I don't recall a time we were the cause of a problem. A lot of time was spent just waiting for other tasks to be completed, significantly, database issues (which can be very time consuming due to large file sizes). Well, after numerous days of frustration, communication breakdowns, and suppressing the urge to throw the monitor across the room, we finally reached one of the main stepping stones of our project. I was so happy that I figured it would be worthwhile to mention it in my blog. Besides, I haven't posted anything since I got herpes in Vegas...
No comments:
Post a Comment